Monday, May 4, 2015

Thank you people of Ambridge and neighboring communities!

I want to thank the people and organizations in Ambridge and neighboring communities for opening their homes, archives, museums, memories, and photo albums for me including: Laughlin Memorial Library; Good Samaritan Church archives, especially Maria Notarianni;  Little Beaver Historical Society, particularly Dave Holoweiko and Chad Lilly; Rev. Cletus Fahrion and Sharon Shingleton of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church; Bob Mikush; Mary Ann Vlasic Syzmoniak; Connie Gee; and Gary Augustine.

If you see any of the people I've thanked, let them know you saw them mentioned on the blog. Some of them don't have a computer.

And then there were the folks I met just wandering around Ambridge taking photos who stopped and talked to me, curious about why I was taking the photos. I didn't get all of your names, but I enjoyed our chats about Ambridge. I especially enjoyed meeting the young men standing at the corner of Sixth Street and Melrose Avenue who were so excited to see Major A. E. Weed's 1904 photograph of that intersection.

No comments:

Post a Comment