Sunday, June 17, 2018

A memory: My dad and me, 1952

Me and my dad, Paul (Rusty) Bohinsky
backyard of 1522 Beaver Rd.
August 1952
courtesy of Agatha Bohinsky

I was two years old when this photo of me and my dad, Paul (Rusty) Bohinsky was taken in the backyard of the house I grew up in, 1522 Beaver Rd.

My dad would have been 31 then. He had red hair and was heavily freckled from face to foot. He was a WWII vet and a fitter at American Bridge Co. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, and bowling and loved his children fiercely. He died in 2006.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy! I've just found your blog - I'm writing a piece on Ambridge for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I'd love to have lunch or interview you while I'm in town. Is there an email address I can use to get in touch with you?

    Best,
    Emma Honcharski

    ReplyDelete