However, I have some basic commenting rules:
Please keep comments on topic and relevant to Ambridge.
Be respectful. You do not need to agree with what another person says, but no personal insults, name calling, harassment, or threats (credible or not).
You may not:
- Post bigoted slurs or hate speech, even if not directed at an identified individual or group;
- Troll (comment just to get a reaction);
- Post ads or solicitations;
- Hog threads by commenting excessively;
- Post material that infringes on the legal or privacy rights of another;
- Defames another person, or is posted with the intent of embarrassing another person.
Comments which violate these rules may be deleted, and the commenter may be banned at my discretion.
October 18, 2016:
New registration requirement for commenting on the Ambridge Memories blog:
As of today, only "registered users" may comment on blog posts or pages.
I had been allowing comments on the blog without requiring registration, since some commenters couldn't seem to figure out how to register or log-in to comment.
I have been deleting more and more spam, and I am trying to discourage the spammers. Plus, some of the spam contains links that I fear may result in malware ending up on the computer of anyone who clicks on them and that's a concern.
Also, any comment made more than 30 days after the post now will be moderated before it gets published on the blog site, again to discourage spam posts.
If you have an OpenID account, you can use your OpenID.
If you want to post a comment on the blog, and don't have an OpenID account, the easiest way to become a registered user is to get a Google account. That's simple:
1. Visit the Google "Account Creation" page.
2. Fill in the requested information and submit.