|400 block of Merchant Street, Ambridge,|
Bridger yearbook, 1965
Here's a photo of what the 400 block of Merchant Street, Ambridge, looked like in 1965. You can see:
- Nicholas Grill, 401 Merchant Street (later the location of The Red Bull Inn)
- Kristufek Agency, 405 Merchant Street
Ambridge Army and Navy Store, 427 Merchant Street
- Vince's Pizzeria, 427 Merchant Street
- New Rainbow Room Hotel and Bar, 412 Merchant Street
- Modern Furniture, 432-34 Merchant Street
- Princess Shoppe, 454 Merchant Street
Can anyone identify the barber shop next to Nicholas Grill or the restaurant mid-block, odd numbered (west) side with the black sign? And does anyone have an address for Vince's Pizzeria?
Update 1/4/14: Kevin Butch O'Keefe, who worked at the Ambridge Army and Navy Store from 1963-86, provided the following information: "The address of Vince's pizza would have been 427. The Army & Navy store had already moved to 517 Merchant. The owner of the Army & Navy still owned the building at 427 and used the wall for advertising." Thank you! I've added the address for Vince's above and removed "Ambridge Army and Navy Store" from the list.